We ask all of our senior volunteers, staff and care receivers to be respectful of Governor Pritzker’s Shelter in Place order, effective Saturday March 21, 2020 at 5pm.
The SCVN support team will continue to work remotely from home supporting our volunteers and care receivers. Our office will continue to be closed to the public until April 8th.
We are actively supporting our volunteers that currently are providing the following essential services to our seniors:
- Life-critical rides to and from dialysis and chemotherapy
- Grocery, prescription and supply deliveries
- Friendly phone calls and well-being phone calls
- Connecting seniors to other community partners and resources
How can YOU help?
- Stay home, leaving only for essentials, practice social distancing and good handwashing techniques
- Phone, email, facetime your senior neighbors and ask how are they doing
- Donate food items to our close partner, the Crystal Lake Food Pantry so we can continue grocery delivery to seniors
- Step up to volunteer! Fill out our online form, or call our office at 815-455-3120 and press 3 to leave a message with Aly
- Know of a senior that needs help? Call our office at 815-455-3120 and press 1 to leave our team a message
The seniors of our community are the one of the most vulnerable groups to COVID-19 and we are grateful for the volunteers who selflessly continue to meet the demand for our services during this unprecedented pandemic. We will get through this together and show the seniors of our community that we all care about them.